The National Certificate in Business Administration Services: NQF Level 2 is designed to meet the needs of those learners who are already involved, or wish to become involved, in the field of Administration. It is applicable to employed and unemployed learners. It is particularly suited to those learners who are performing secretarial / administrative tasks, in commercial and non-commercial organisations across the entire spectrum, but have not had the opportunity to obtain a formal school qualification beyond NQF level 1.
Administration is an essential field of learning as the competences required by people doing administrative tasks are generic in nature and apply to all businesses in all sectors and to many non-business organisations such as sports and cultural clubs and the like. Administrative tasks and administration are done at various levels depending upon the nature and size of the organization and its management structure. There is therefore an on-going need for highly skilled administration personnel and a need for a well-developed learning pathway to cater for administrative personnel at the various levels at which they operate.
This qualification is run over 12 months and includes, on average, 5 days of theory training each month.
Flexibility is important to us and our different training delivery methods offer delegates the opportunity to train at their work premises, at home in the comfort of their own environment or at SA Business School’s facilities.
We have three primary training delivery methods; Online Learning, Blended Learning and instructor-led learning.
This qualification is for any individual who is, or wishes to be, involved in the Administration function in any organization or business in any sector, or field as well as in non-commercial organisations such as clubs and charitable organisations.
To ensure that learners align to this qualification, we have built in a thorough pre-assessment process. Entry requirements for this course include:
- Communication at NQF level 1
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 1
LP 1: Communication (20 credits)
(119463, 119454, 119464, 8964)
LP 2: Mathematical Literacy (17 credits)
(14346, 9009, 7480, 7469, 12444, 9007)
LP 3: Financial management (5 credits)
LP4: Manage administrative functions (17 credits)
(14344, 14339, 14347)
LP5: Management & Leadership Principles (12 credits)
(114957, 114976, 14349, 14352)
LP6: Personal Management (32 credits)
(14359, 14343, 14341, 8618, 14340, 14342, 14351)
LP7: Working in teams (5 credits)
LP8: Customer Service (2 credits)
LP9: Computer Skills (13 credits)
(117924, 116935, 117902, 117943)
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and maintain records
- Maintain an information system
- Process numerical and text data
- Receive, distribute and dispatch mail in an office environment
- Receive and execute instructions
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Behave in a professional manner in a business environment
- Attend to customer enquiries
- Operate and take care of equipment in an office environment
- Manage time and work processes within a business environment
- Investigate the structure of an organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment
- Keep informed about current affairs relating to one`s own industry