NC: Business Advising Operations NQF 6
SAQA I.D. 48967 - 138 Credits
Who Should Attend
This Qualification is designed to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values to be appointed as Business Advisors who have an important role to play in the management of small business organisations where they can assist in supervising and monitoring the success of the organisation. This Qualification is for any individual who is or, who wishes to be involved in the Business Advising field.
This qualification is run over 12 months and includes, on average, 5 days of theory training each month.
Flexibility is important to us and our different training delivery methods offer delegates the opportunity to train at their work premises, at home in the comfort of their own environment or at SA Business School’s facilities.
We have three primary training delivery methods; Online Learning, Blended Learning and instructor-led learning.
This Qualification is for any individual who is or, who wishes to be involved in the Business Advising field.
To ensure that learners align to this qualification, we have built in a thorough pre-assessment process. Entry requirements for this course include:
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
LP1: Analyse organisational needs and deliver services (22 credits)
LP2: Evaluate financial information of a business (18 credits)
LP3: Provide an effective business advising service (18 credits)
LP4: Apply business performance management practices (20 credits)
LP5: Implement operational management principles and techniques (15 credits)
LP6: Apply HR practices and legislative business compliance (16 credits)
LP7: Implement ethics and HIV/Aids policies in a business (10 credits)
LP8: Deal with marketing plans and strategies (20 credits)
On achieving this Qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Implement and understand the impact HIV/AIDS and professional ethics and values have of the overall success of the business.
- Apply strategic and critical approaches to the development and implementation of a business plan in order to provide an effective business advising service.
- Gather and evaluate financial information of the business and communicate these findings to those who need to make decisions.
- Manage, employ and effectively control a diversity of business operational and administrative functions, projects and resources to build and maintain the feasibility of the business.
- Describe the legal and regulatory environment and analyse the impact of changes in relevant requirements, constraints, and competitive practices.
- Anticipate and meet the client’s changing needs by being client and market focused.
- Use strategic and critical approaches to decision-making and problem-solving in order to deliver services and provide value in the business sector in which the business operates.